Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Quick Check

What have I been doing?

  1. Research for what will probably be my next book. I've had two false starts this past year and, even with all the other stuff going on, I hope to make this idea stick. A 75,000 word novel...? Anyway, I spent several hours today looking through wills from as early as 1844 through 1950. Much more to say, but moving on.... (I said this was a quick check, remember?)
  2. Floor planning for The 123. Using my own brain (including common sense and construction know-how), multiple books, & our consultants, I've come up with a floor plan. That I will alter. Again. And again.... I'm getting closer, though.
  3. Getting outside as much as possible even though the weather is crappy in an attempt to stave off (is that a real usage for 'stave' or am I making it up?) the winter blues.
  4. Looking for a giant coffee cup. Really.
  5. Building The 123's new website and trying to organize it so that it makes sense. I want to pack in tons of info, but it's bare bones right now; I'm building and leaving room without making it seem too skimpy right now. Or at least I'm trying.
  6. Drawing pictures of what the outside main entrance will look like.
  7. Trying to keep the laundry pile from taking over the basement.
  8. Trying to keep the dirty dishes from taking over the kitchen.
  9. Trying to keep the kids from taking over my sanity.
  10. Trying to keep the dog's foot from getting infected.
  11. Trying....

So, lots of 123 stuff. Lots of normal stuff. Lots of stuff.

No comments: