Friday, March 7, 2008

What day is it?

The flu got me. Usually I don't get the flu, but this time it got me pretty good. I haven't said anything coherent since Tuesday (have I?) and I'm thinking anything I said Tuesday may be up for debate, too. Maybe today, too, but at least I'm able to maintain a seated position for more than two minutes.
Normally, if I get sick at all, it's a sniffle or sore throat or something irritating but tolerable. This did not fall in that category. This was some bad stuff.
So, being the geek that I am, I checked out the CDC's website for the flu report (did you even know there was such a thing?) and saw that "The proportion of deaths attributed to pneumonia and influenza was above the epidemic threshold for the eighth consecutive week." Go here for summary reports of the last 10 years or so.
I'm getting back to normal. I think.

No comments: