Monday, March 17, 2008

What month is it?

Okay, maybe it's not that bad, but it was getting there. I still felt horrible yesterday and PC made me go with him to eat sushi. I didn't want to, but I'm glad I did because after I ate a ping-pong ball sized blob of wasabi and a small mountain of ginger (not to mention the tuna and salmon I ate it with) I did feel better. Not good, but better, which is way more than I've been able to say for two weeks (Two weeks! Yikes!).
I actually went to the gym this morning. I certainly wasn't setting any personal records and I felt like a total weakling, but the important thing is I went and I broke a sweat on purpose (as opposed to all the sweat I've been losing from the flu ague). And right now, post-gym and pre-shower, I think I can see my way clear to being well again! Yay!
I like to think I don't take my health for granted, but being sick for two weeks really puts a different spin on things. My health is constantly on my gratitude list. It's something I think about and something I work for with both exercise and healthy eating; my health is very important to me. But even being consciously grateful, having the (killer) flu for two weeks really had me freaked out. I am very grateful it's just about over and I will continue to remind myself of just how blessed I am to have good health.
Now I have to go rearrange my calendar - which means I have to move the to-do list from the first week of March to this week. Nothing like being 2-3 weeks behind.

3 comments:

Granny Sue said...

Yay! I'm glad it's finally over. You had the really really bad kind. So far we're in the clear, but I'm knocking on wood every day.

Rosie said...

It's good to hear you are feeling better. Yes, a dollop of wasabi will completely clear out the sinus'--and strip a few layers of paint off.

I've sort of come to the decision that the trick with the stories about nothin' works in the other direction as well. I've been reading Murakami and he writes beautiful stories about nothin' and somethin'--the trick being to strive for the opposite. So, I've got this story called Bitter Pie that has a lovely solid plot, but I'm writing it to hide the plot in the narrative so you have to look for it.

Anyway, that's my current theory on writing things that have a chance of being published. Still think your Vultures story is really good.

MK said...

Thank you both for checking in on me. It was the really bad kind and I hope you don't come anywhere near it - hopefully we're close enough to springtime that it'll be over for good.

Rosie- THAT kind of nothin' I like. A lot. I think, from what I've read from you, that you are already pretty good at that. I look forward to more.

As for Vultures, I've been going back and forth with an agency about them representing it! When I know something for sure, I'll post about it.