Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Guest Blogger - Leaking

I finished my article; all that remains is a quick fact check (Thanks, Cindi) and polish before sending it off.

So.... Instead of telling you all about it (because I don't want to hear anymore about it right now), I figured I'd have some fun.

PK is an old friend; we have much in common and I'm very grateful for the internet because without it I can be an uncommunicative azzhole; I'm very glad staying in touch is as easy as punching a few keys.
I think it's relevant to point out that PK is 50-something with a few chronic medical conditions to which she refuses to surrender. She's tough; that's why I like her. I'll let you see for yourself. Here's an email she sent me last week:

"The leak...

"MK,

"Okay, so I'm sitting here feeling like poor pitiful me and that I can't budge the big honkin' side by side refrig.without hurting my back. Then it hits me, I didn't even try. Where did that whimpy attitude come from? So, I tried it and could pull it out. Yipee. Discovered there is a leak inside the wall where the water connection is for the icemaker. The sheetrock is wet. Turned the water off at the wall but that won't stop the water spewing inside the wall.

"Called J to brag. But still felt a victim. So, I'm thinking the water to the house doesn't need to be on at least overnight. So, I decide I'm gonna suit up and go outside in subfreezing weather to turn off the water to the house. I can't remember what type of apparatus that faucet is. But first, I'll take a hot bubble bath. Which I did.

"Allowed the water heater to refill and warm and ran pitchers of drinking water. Put on wool longjohn's, double socks, heavy work coat, gloves, & tobaggon cos it's like 17 degrees. Filled pockets with hammer, screw driver and wrench and flashlight. Get out there and it's a simple lever to just pull up. Bingo! I'm a freakin' handyman.

"So, will call a plumber tomorrow. Yeah, right on Sunday. But at least further damage won't be done. I'm feeling pretty damn tough right down! Got my groove back."

-PK"


See what I mean?

Okay, back to work...

No comments: