Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Flying Silver Tricycle

Every once in a while I drive by this tricycle.
Every time I drive by, I say I need to stop and take a picture.
Yesterday I finally did.



I was kinda' hoping someone would come out of the house and ask me what I was doing, but the driveway is long and no one did.
I still want to ask if there's some significance or symbolism in a suspended silver tricycle.




Maybe they just couldn't bear to part with it when their child grew up and eventually moved away.
Maybe they couldn't stand to find another home for it, so hung it in the tree to keep it out of the way but close at hand, waiting for grandkids perhaps.

4 comments:

Granny Sue said...

That's the kind of thing I love--the randomness of it. Who put it there, and why? I'd rather not know, actually. I'd rather make up stories about it.

Like once there was a giant who bought her child a tricycle. A silver tricycle. One day...

Ms. Dr. Morris said...

Maybe ET had an accident.

MK said...

Granny Sue,
You're right: roadside randomness is the best cure for boredom. There are several odd things that we see regularly that start a round of 'So this is what happened...' with whoever is in the car.
I'll try to remember to take pictures - if my battery is not dead.

MK said...

Ms. Morris-
ET during his toddler years.
Ha!
We hadn't thought of that one.
However, everytime I mention 'ET,' the first thing that Screech thinks of is little Drew Barrymore calling her brother 'penis breath.'
I try not to bring it up.