Monday, May 5, 2008

Springtime - Leaves and Weedeaters

Even with the fickle spring weather, I've been spending a lot of time outside. The leaves are coming along nicely and the hills are softening with new growth.








With the nice weather and gardening comes grass cutting season, too. I am not the most diligent lawn care provider. As a matter of fact, it gets done in the slow minutes between everything else that needs done - patchwork lawn care. One section of the lawn will be freshly cut and another, adjacent section will be shin high.
The trim is particularly neglected. I was blaming that neglect on the heavy, unwieldy string trimmer. I finally bought a lightweight Weedeater that's not so hard for me to run. It is lighter, it is easier, it will probably not be a miraculous cure for lackadaisical yard work.

The first time I ran it I was very pleased with its light weight. I was able to wander around the entire yard and trim most of the worst edges without the muscles in my forearms and shoulders screaming at me (the trimmer itself, however, screams just as loud as the older, heavier tool).

When I finally turned it off and set it down to come in for a drink of water, I was surprised to see this follow me in the door:





A walking box!
Now if I could just figure out how to make the weedeater use itself....

2 comments:

Granny Sue said...

I want a walking box!

That is so cool...

MK said...

Isn't that something? It just sprouted legs and walked off!
I'll bet that's what happened to all those things I can't find.